Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Obama & The Syrian: Slim Shady

Wow.

Maybe when it is all over - Super Tuesday - I will complain about what Sen. Hillary cannot do about the war in Iraq since she originally voted for the darn thing. But heck, at least she is smart and knows how to articulate her ideas well.

She will be the next President. And she should pick John Edwards as her running mate.

It looks like her husband, the former President, Bill Clinton, finally got her into some real trouble. Sen. Ted Kennedy came out with his endorsement of Sen. Barack Obama, after being neutral for a time. This will give Obama some help, but I just don't think it will be enough. (read on).

The WallStreet Journal reported today that polls conducted since January show Clinton with a double digit lead in 8 of the 10 most important Super Tuesday states. And guess what? I think the article mentioned that most of those states have a small black/democratic voting population. CNN has a neat election section on their site that also has a primer on delegates etc. I don't think most voters understand that the candidate with the most delegates gets the nomination.

I had a brief email exchange with a contributor to a major news network, who basically denies the race issue here. He was very offended that I stated Sen. Obama got lucky in South Carolina because blacks rallied after Clinton came after him. If you watch the news, it is easy to spot this contributor! I think that there will be a lot of diappointed African-Americans after Super Tuesday and the Democratic Convention. We sure will need a good articulate speaker!

The reality of Sen. Obama's predicament could not have been more revealing than when the story broke about his friend and longtime contributor, Antoin Rezko, was jailed. You can read about his indictment, but let's just say...shady, shady...shady.. shame on you Obama!! shame on you!! And did I mention that Rezko is Syrian? No, I am not saying that Obama is a closet Muslim, but this connection with this Rezko nut aint gonna help him...

"change gonna come...." and it will come on Super Tuesday...

The Chicago Tribune has a series of articles on this Rezko guy..there is even a picture of Hillary and Bill with him! She explained the photo op with someone on tv a few days ago I believe. Odd. Very odd.

I printed a copy of the article before dinner and "attempted" to hand it to my wife, but she would not have any of it. I think - like me - she has become completely disillusioned by his candidacy and now we are watching something that could have been quite interesting (and grand for some) disintegrate. What you have here is a candidate who talked about uniting the country, someone who played the race card; talked about changing Washington, making tough choices and in most cases, has either done the opposite or nothing at all.

His real estate transactions with Rezko in the midst of the worst mortgage crisis ever - which has literally destroyed millions homeownership dreams (especially minorities) because of foreclosures - will make him look very bad. Maybe. Maybe not.

What will Obama do after Hillary wins? Could he find himself caught up in legal troubles down the road? Will the establishment abandon him, distanced themselves from him if the Rezko thing blows up?

On a lighter note, after President Bush gave his State of the Union speech, CNN's Anderson Cooper interviewed Sen. Obama and asked about the support that Sen. Clinton is getting from her husband. At one point, Sen. Obama said, "[they] are making factual statements that are inaccurate..." Remember Bill with the, "well that depends on what is is.." ? Well, I am not sure if Obama was using legalspeak or rhetoric or what, but I never knew that factual statements could be inaccurate. Maybe it's me. I don't know.

No comments: