I feel sorry for Heath Ledger's family, but if he committed suicide, then I find it hard to feel sorry for him.
Men tend to take the easy road out when dealing with problems, particularly depression; the easy road being suicide. Women are most likely the ones piling into therapists' offices or talking amongst themselves trying to sort things out. Men are cowards. We really are. That's my "two cents" on the Ledger thing.
The Democratic Debate in South Carolina was quite interesting. It is sad because you have two of the most sensitive people in the country - one based on race and one on gender, fighting, while the smartest candidate - John Edwards -was nearly screaming for attention. At one point, he reminded "the children" that their bickering would not get health care for people or solve other problems.
I felt that Sen. Obama had an obligation to directly answer the question as to why he answered "present" to over 100 votes while as senator for the state of Illinois. And the fact that he did not answer, makes me feel uncomfortable. Will he be as evasive if he were to become President?
Obama does not seem comfortable with clarity while debating. He lacks detail in his responses and I think the public - the voters - should be very careful not to give into the allure of his charisma and focus more on his credentials.
Sen. Clinton could have maintained what I would described as a stellar performance had she not brought up Obama's "slum landlord" association allegation. Diplomacy can be practiced now. She is lightyears ahead of him and did not need to go there. She is well prepared - always - and never wanting for details when it comes to her arguments.
In the end, the debate cast Obama as "victim" and I cannot see Sen. Clinton winning South Carolina.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment